2017 Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival - Entry Guidelines
- The Festival is open to all Museum members and nonmembers, world-wide.
- For an entry to be accepted, the online entry form must be filled in completely, including all the required photographs (or submitted in hard copy). Each entry requires a non-refundable entry fee of $30 (Museum Members pay only $20 per entry!) If you would like to become a Museum member to take advantage of our Membership Benefits, you may indicate so on your first entry form and a basic Individual membership will be added to your invoice. Once entries are submitted and received by us, you will be emailed a invoice from PayPal to pay your entry fee(s) online within one week of receiving your entry. If you do not wish to pay online, please add a note to your entry form indicating how you will pay. You may pay by calling us at 360.466.4288 or by mailing a check to: Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum, Attn: QFAF Entry, P.O. Box 1270, La Conner, WA 98257. Entries are not considered complete until entry fee(s) are paid in full.
- In such cases, when photographs do not conform to requirements or if you experience issues with online payment, the entry will be accepted as incomplete and assigned a "pending" status. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the entry process.
- There is no limit to the number of entries. All entries must be received and completed - with no pending status – before midnight PST on DATE.
- Entries juried into the Festival must be received by the Museum no earlier than DATE and no later than DATE. Entries may be hand-delivered Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm, sent via UPS to P.O. Box 1270, La Conner WA 98257, or shipped FedEx to: 1270 South 2nd Street, La Conner, WA 98257. Entries received after this date may be exhibited but will not go through judging process.
- Credit must be given to the author, teacher, artist, etc. who inspired the work.
- Entries made using a published design, pattern or digital embroidery must acknowledge book, pattern, and/or designer.
- Acknowledgment must be given to anyone participating in the execution of the work, including commercial long-arm or mid-arm quilters.
- Direct products from kits or workshops will NOT be accepted.
- Work must NOT have been accepted in any previous year of this Festival.
- Artists submitting works are responsible for all shipping and insurance costs to and from the Museum.
- Incomplete entries that are not completed by DATE will be refused (see Entry Procedures).
- By completing a Call for Entry, you are agreeing to allow your work to be displayed for the duration of the Festival.
- First Place Winners in each Category and Award of Excellence Winners are agreeing to allow their work to be displayed in a group exhibition in the Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum from DATE. These pieces may be retrieved or returned, at the entrant's direction, after 5 pm DATE.
- Maximum size in any category is 106”w x 90”h
- Bed quilts must be functional quilts used on a specific sized bed from crib to queen.
- Quilts may not be mounted on frames.
- If fiber art pieces are to be mounted in a frame or encased in any way, entry image submitted must reflect that. If juried in, piece must be easily accessible for judging.
- Entries received after jurying that do not match the entry image submitted may be disqualified.
Jurying and Judging
Entries will be selected based on the quality of the submitted digital images and accompanying Artist's Statement. The Festival Committee reserves the right to subdivide or combine categories depending on the number of entries received. Decisions of the judges are final; there is no appeal process. The Jury process will take place by the end of July. You will receive notification of the jury's decision by DATE. Please email the Museum (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not receive a notice by that date.
Digital Photo Requirements
If you need help photographing your entries, consider professional photography services.
Wearable Art Entries Example:
Awarded will be First, Second, and Third Place for each Category. All Awards may not be presented. Additionally, there may be an Award of Excellence for each of the following:
*To qualify for this award, entry must be predominantly made from recycled, refurbished or repurposed items.
Award winners will be announced on DATE at the Quilt and Fiber Arts Festival Preview Party (prepaid reservations required.)
Friend of the Festival
Putting on a Festival of this size is a costly endeavor. Those costs are covered by the revenue generated when the Festival occurs but the Museum must pay for many of those costs ahead of time. Friends of the Festival help make this possible.
Each gift by a Friend of the Festival could help:
In appreciation of this support, Friends of the Festival are recognized in several ways: