Please Read Carefully – The Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum Entry Committee reserves the right to change your entry's category if we feel it has been submitted incorrectly. You will be notified via email of any changes.
Maximum size in any category is 106”w-90”h
Each Entry must be submitted in only one Entry Category
Traditional Bed or Wall
- Bed or wall quilts based on piecing and/or appliqué or other techniques, made from published patterns, books, or in an electronic/digital format. Includes quilts made using published digital embroidery or quilting designs. May include patterns in public domain
- Bed or wall quilts depicting modern design elements. Minimalism, asymmetry, expansive negative space, and alternate grid work are often a part of modern quilt compositions, as are improvisational piecing and solid fabrics.
- Functional quilts to be used on a specific sized bed from crib to queen. They may be based on traditional-style piecing and/or appliqué, but the work must be original.
- Original work depicting subject matter in a photographic picture format, still life or landscape, using accurate and realistic details, in an attempt to duplicate reality in true form.
- Original work depicting subject matter in a picture format, still life, or landscape, using abstract or abstracted details, fantasy, but not a duplication of reality in true form.
- Original work expressing ideas and emotions by using elements such as colors and lines without attempting to create a realistic picture.
- Wall or table top pieces with substantial body in all three dimensions having a sculptural appearance, any technique.
- Piece may use quilting or non-quilting techniques with the main design components/emphasis on the surface design elements or techniques. Examples would include woven, knitted, felted, crocheted or other textile design type of fiber art.
- Garment or ensemble constructed using any technique. Entry should be a serious artistic endeavor, merging fashion and art through exceptional creativity, workmanship, and technique.